Grade II listed building which was a Farmhouse, subsequently inn, now shop. 15th Century with later 16th century additions. Timber framed, elevations of painted brick on coursed rubble stone plinth, rendered to north. Plat band. Plain tiled roof with slightly lower end cross-wing
gables. 20th century boxed eaves and barge-boards. Slope stack to rear at right. 2 storeys; 6 windows, sashes. Ground floor with shop fronts under gables to left and right and central shop front with small one to right. Glazed doors to left of central shop front and of right-hand out. Blocked, keyed bulls-type windows in gables. 20th century first floor panel with name ‘THE INN HOUSE’ in upper case letters.
This building on London Road housed the Bull Inn until the business moved premises in 1939 up and across the road to the Larkfield Priory also known as Hamlets Hotel. It was a coaching inn during the 1950s — motor coaches, that is. The pub was a regular halfway house for coach parties travelling from East Kent en route to London, a long journey before the M2 Motorway was built.