“Originally known as ‘Larkfield Hall’, owned by Samuel Lee Smith. In the same position as 7-8-9 Spruce Close.
Pepenbury was founded in 1927 at Larkfield near Maidstone, as a home for young people with learning disabilities. In 1972, we moved to Cornford Lane, Pembury, and registered as a permanent residential home for people with learning disabilities.”
Quote taken from the Pepenbury website.
According to the Pembury Village website, the home actually moved to Pembury in 1961.
This is probably the more accurate date as the original Larkfield Hall was demolished 1965/6.