In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson’s Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Hythe like this:
HYTHE (NEW), a chapelry in East Malling parish, Kent; 3 miles SW of Aylesford r. station, and 5 W of Maidstone. It is annexed to the vicarage of East Malling, in the diocese of Canterbury.
Additional information about this locality is available for East Malling
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing New Hythe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tonbridge and Malling. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering New Hythe and units named after it.